An outstanding faculty forms the foundation of academic excellence. We aim to attract, hire, and retain extraordinary teachers who are passionate, thoughtful educators that embody CSG’s mission. Our faculty must be experts in their disciplines and committed to pursuing best educational practices. We seek a faculty that reflects our richly diverse student body. To retain such extraordinary faculty, we must provide a robust professional development program that honors the individuals who will benefit from it, that is research-based, and that reflects best practices in teaching.
ENHANCE OUR EXCELLENT ACADEMIC PROGRAM.
• Assess and align content, learning priorities, and pedagogy across grade levels and divisions to ensure a cohesive learning experience for students throughout their CSG experience.
• Strengthen core literacies--reading, writing, digital, numeracy and problem-solving – to ensure that every CSG student has the foundation of a lifelong learner.
• Define and develop a comprehensive global studies program, which will include such skills as collaboration and critical problem-solving, hallmarks of a CSG education, to ensure each student’s readiness for a globally connected world.
CREATE A ROBUST, EMPOWERED TEACHING COMMUNITY OF EXCELLENCE.
• Develop a shared understanding of extraordinary teaching with “excellence and intention” as our guiding core value.
• Support a vibrant, creative faculty and staff program for growth that aligns with CSG’s mission, including a professional development program and a comprehensive feedback process and evaluation system.
• Attract and retain exceptional, mission-appropriate faculty and staff in central Ohio by committing to salaries and benefits in top 25% of peer schools.
• Implement a hiring process that is consistent across the school and that explicitly seeks faculty that demonstrate a commitment to CSG’s core values, including diversity and inclusion.