News from PYC Director Christie Stover
Posted May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012
What a wonderful morning! Thanks to all who came and shared breakfast and exploring Cynthia’s Woods. It is a beautiful property and an outdoor learning environment like no other. I am so glad that the moms had an opportunity to experience it – now you will have a clearer understanding when we take the girls there next year.
The end of the year is quickly approaching and at the bottom is a list of all major events between now and May 31, including field trips, classroom meetings, and full division events. Please take a moment to read over and make notes of those in which your daughter is involved.
Form Fathers needed for the 2012 – 2013 school year! We need YOU to help organize events and communicate with the other PYC dads. This is a great way to connect with the other dads and to plan fun events with your daughters. For more information or to volunteers, please contact Parents’ Association co-chairs elect Darren Patton at email@example.com or Ashley Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The initial PYC playground designs are in the PYC foyer through Tuesday, May 8. Please take a moment to look at them and offer your feedback. Your thoughts are very important and will help to shape the final designs. Thank you for your support and participation!
CSG Flower Sale | Volunteers Still Needed
The CSG Parents’ Association Annual Flower Sale is coming soon! If you have signed up to help at the flower sale, thank you! If you have not signed up, please consider signing up to unload flowers on Monday, 5/14 in the morning or to deliver flowers between 12 noon and 7pm on Wednesday, 5/16 or Thursday, 5/17. We need 11 more people to unload flowers on Monday morning and we need 6 more people to drive and unload delivery trucks Wednesday and Thursday. Other spots are open, too! Click here to volunteer or use this link: http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/103234563456636802
Parent – teacher conferences are the week of May 14 – 17. Online conference scheduling is open and instructions are attached. If you have any questions, please contact Lana Baker.
Upcoming Events and Dates:
Tuesday, May 8, 9:00am – 2:00pm: 5/6 Class visit Ohio Wildlife Center
- Girls should bring a sack lunch with a drink in a disposable container, as lunch will be eaten at OWC.
Friday, May 11: Developmental Continuums and portfolios will be sent home.
Monday, May 14 – Thursday, May 17: Parent-Teacher conferences.
- School is in session for girls Monday - Thursday
- Online scheduling will begin on April 19th
- Note: this is a change from the original date of May 18th due to potential construction needs.
Friday, May 18: No School for 3/4, 4/5, 5/6 students.
- Faculty work day for all divisions.
- PACT in session.
Monday, May 21, 8:30am - 9:15am: 5/6 to Form I Parents meet the Form I Teachers in the Alumnae Living Room
Tuesday, May 22
- May Birthday celebrations
- 7:00 – 8:30 pm Strong Parents, Strong Daughters: Setting Effective Boundaries and Supporting Your Daughter’s Growth with Norman Shub in the Alumnae Living Room – all are invited!
Thursday, May 24:
- Last Thursday PACT class
- 3/4 Class field trip to Franklin Park Conservatory
- 4/5 Class Meeting and unveiling of classroom project
Friday, May 25:
- 8:15 – 10:30 am: 5/6 Class Parent Meeting and Spring Literacy Celebration, Columbia House
- 4/5 Field trip to Timbertop Farm
- Last Friday PACT class
Monday, May 28: Memorial Day – school closed in observance of the holiday
Tuesday, May 29: June and July birthday celebrations
Thursday, May 31, 11:00am – 12:30pm: Program for Young Children End of Year Picnic for all families – siblings are welcome! Our PYC community, including PACT, gathers for one last time and then we say farewell for the summer.
To all, have a wonderful weekend.
All my best,